Subject: Re: ONTOPIC : Gamer Demo Reels
From: [email-masked] (Christopher Stewart)
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 1995 19:11:20 -0500

In a message dated Fri, 8 Dec 1995 17:1 [email-masked] writes:

S> I now understand how good character animation skills would come into 
S> play for a video game...as opposed to TV/Film. Not to mention it is
S> for shure a great skill to have all around. 

     I don't know what posessesed someone to call a discussion 
regarding character animation in games "OFFTOPIC". It's animation,
it can be done with LightWave, we all learn, it's on topic. 
     Here's something, I just grabbed the book, "Disney Animation (The 
Illusion of Life) and went to a local coffee shop. 
("http://www.islandnet.com/~java", it's done with LightWave).

I didn't leave for four hours, seven cups of
coffee and half a sketchbook later. Bloody wonderful. I've
been using Muybridge's motion studies for my work and
this book is going to add a whole new dimension to my pieces. 
I think the combination of the two is going to be a great
resource. Minds are reeling (unintentional pun..).

Christopher

                **********************************************
                * Christopher Stewart   [email-masked] *    Graphics 
   Primordial   *      http://www.islandnet.com/~dretch      *      WWW
      Soup      *     Visit the Lightwave Tips Homepage      *    Animation
                *        A YAHOO! Animation "coolsite"       *    Training
                **********************************************

* Offline Orbit 0.73c *